When all else fails, make pasta! I often cook a meal, knowing there will be leftovers. Pasta salad is a great recipe to make a nice dinner and at least one lunch for everyone, and I can put all the vegetables into it that I have on hand.
This salad was served warm, and included:
- 2lbs pasta
- 5 links Italian sausage, frozen and sliced thinly
- 1 bunch green onions(I used walking onions from the garden)
- 1/2 red onion, chopped fine
- 8 ounce pkg sliced mushrooms
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1Tbsp olive oil, to sauté veg
- 2 (or more) Tbsp Balsamic vinegar
- chopped basil, other herbs as desired
- salt/pepper (the sausage is salty, so use caution)
In a cast iron pan, sauté onion, garlic and any other vegetables until almost cooked through.
Meanwhile boil pasta in salted water, until al dente.
Combine pasta, meat and veg, additional olive oil and vinegar.
Taste and adjust salt/ pepper.
Serve with a garden salad and bread.
Leftovers of this salad, are delicious when server cold. Enjoy!