Breakfast is always the hardest meal to organize and keep on hand for me. The kids have to eat before school, and yet nothing sounds good to them. I have been messing around with muffins, and came up with a really tasty one that tastes fantastic, is more filling than a regular sweet type muffin, and the family actually ASKS for them!
Bacon Cheddar Breakfast Muffins
- Muffin Tin-oiled lightly
- Medium mixing bowl
- 1 3/4 Cup All-purpose flour
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 Cup Sharp Cheese Shredded
- 1 Tbsp Brown Sugar
- 1/3 Cup Crispy Bacon` Chopped
- 1 Cup Milk
- 1/2 Stick Butter Melted
- In mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt, brown sugar, cheese, and bacon.
- Add butter and milk. Combine until a thick batter forms
- Oil 12 muffin cups and divide batter evenly
- Bake 400 degrees for 20 minutes
Sprinkle the muffins with Parmesan cheese before baking, and whatever you do, do NOT use paper liners! I made a double batch, and used paper on 6 of them, foil liners on 6, and left the second dozen with no liners. The ONLY ones that stuck to the liners, were the paper ones.
These are deeelish!