My recipe for easy bread machine cinnamon rolls makes a light and fluffy cinnamon roll, loaded with cinnamon and sugar swirl and topped with cream cheese frosting that is as airy as a cloud. This is the nicest cinnamon roll recipe I have ever used. Over the years, I have tweaked it to be just how my family likes it. Thanksgiving morning, I start these rolls early enough that the house is filled with delicious smells when everyone else starts waking up.
If you have never worked with sweet dough, remember that it is sticky and softer than normal bread dough. Don’t be afraid to use a little flour on your board when patting the dough into shape.
Easy Bread Machine Cinnamon Rolls
- 2 lb bread machine
- 9X13 Cake Pan
- Parchment Paper (optional but nice)
- Sewing Thread or Floss string for cutting
Place the following ingredients into breadmaker on DOUGH setting
- 1 Cup Milk Warm
- 1/2 Cup Butter
- 1/3 Cup Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 4 Cups Flour AP or pastry flour
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 Tbsp Yeast
Spread dough with the following
- 1/4 Cup Softened Butter
Cinnamon Sugar Filling
- 1 Cup Brown Sugar
- 3 Tbsp Cinnamon
Whipped Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1/2 Cup Softened Butter
- 1 1/2 Cup Powdered Sugar
- 1 Oz. Cream Cheese
- 2 Tbsp Cream Milk can be substituted
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1 Pinch Salt
- After completing the dough cycle, remove dough from bread maker onto a slightly floured surface.
- Roll dough gently into a 1/4 inch thick rectangle
- Spread dough with 1/4 cup softened butter, brown sugar, and cinnamon
- From one long edge, gently roll the dough into a log, placing the log seam side down
- Using a sharp knife, mark the dough into 10 even slices but do not cut
- Place the thread or floss string under the log at the first knife mark. Pull up both ends of the thread, cross the ends and continue pulling until the thread cuts cleanly through the dough. Place the cut cinnamon roll in the parchment lined pan. Continue cutting along the knife marks and placing rolls in two's until pan is full
- Allow cinnamon rolls to rise in a warm place until doubled in size
- Bake in a 400° oven for 10-12 minutes
- Remove from oven and pipe whipped cream cheese frosting onto each roll. Serve warm.
If you love using your bread machine for sweet treats, try my Sourdough Brown Sugar Rolls next!
Looking for the Thanksgiving Countdown posts you may have missed? Here you go: