I have been looking for a recipe for a dog treat that has pumpkin in it. I finally found a few and tweaked them to fit what I had in the pantry. I didn’t bother making any fancy shapes although the dough is the right consistency to do so. I have three very different size dogs and needed small and medium-size treats with a crunchy texture. The trick is to bake them and then turn off the oven (I crack the oven door) and leave them in there for another 20 minutes to allow them to cool and harden.
I used my pizza cutter and just made squares. The dogs won’t mind. Enjoy!!
Farmhouse Dog Treats
- Sheet pan
- Large mixing bowl or standing mixer
- Pizza Cutter
- Rolling Pin
- Parchment Paper
- 1 Cup Creamy peanut butter
- 1 1/2 Cup Pumpkin Puree Canned or make your own!
- 2 Cups All-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp Baking soda
- 2 Egg yolks
- Preheat oven to 375
- Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Mix pumpkin, peanut butter, and egg yolks until combined.
- Add flour and baking soda to the wet mixture.
- Mix on low until the dough is formed.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll dough to 1/4 inch thick rectangle.
- Using a pizza cutter or sharp knife, cut into squares or use your own cookie cutters.
- Place treats on lined cookie sheets so they are not touching.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Treats will be nicely browned on the bottom.
- Turn off oven and open the door slightly. Allow treats to cool in the oven for an additional 20 minutes, or until they are crisp.
- Cool completely before storing in an airtight jar or container.