Fall is upon us, and what better way to embrace the season than sipping on a warm cup of herbal tea? As the leaves turn shades of gold and orange, bring that autumn magic into your mug with a simple, homemade herbal blend.
- 2 parts chamomile flowers
- 1 part cinnamon bark
- 1 part dried apple slices
- A pinch of nutmeg
- Blend the Herbs: In a bowl, mix chamomile, cinnamon, and dried apple slices. Add a pinch of nutmeg to spice it up.
- Steep: Add a tablespoon of your herbal mix to a tea infuser or tea bag. Pour hot water over it and let it steep for about 8 minutes.
- Enjoy: Sip your tea while wrapped in your favorite blanket, perhaps with a good book in hand.
Why This Blend?
- Chamomile offers calming effects, perfect for unwinding.
- Cinnamon brings in a touch of warmth and spice, embodying the essence of fall.
- Apple slices add a sweetness and depth, think apple pie but in tea form.
- Nutmeg rounds out the flavor profile, making each sip a little celebration of the season.
So, there you have it! Your own cup of fall, no pumpkin spice needed (unless you want to add it, of course!).
After you have a cup of tea ready, let’s talk. It’s been quite a ride this past week. It’s hard enough to hear the news as an adult, but when your job requires you to really dig deep and focus on ALL the news, all day long, it’s very tiring for my brain. Maine has had quite a shock.
I am focusing the next few days on trying to regain a little balance and a little extra self-care. Making teas is a go-to for me, especially when I don’t have gardens to tend to. The plants always make me feel better. I hope you enjoy these recent tea blends. I am working hard at remembering my own sense of comfort and peacefulness; and I hope to bring that to some of you as well.