Welcome to Thanksgiving Countdown Day 4! Today we will make these cute little place cards for the new people coming to dinner. Jade is not new, but it’s the first year I have felt like myself enough to do a little craft.
To make them, you need:
- Index cards
- Colored pencils or crayons
- Pencil (optional but nice to have)
- Gently fold a card in half to make a light crease as your guide ine.
- Draw a light pencil line across that crease as your guide
- Draw your seasonal object (Leaf, acorn, pumpkin, etc) half above that halfway guideline and half below.
- Trace and color the object, outlining it so it stands out nicely.
- Cut through the card just on the design that is above the crease. Use sharp scissors, an Exacto knife, or whatever you would like.
- Write the person’s name on the place card and decorate any way you wish.
- Fold the card firmly in half so that the cut out part of the design sticks up in the air and Voila’! Your place card is finished.
Missed any of this year’s Thanksgiving Countdown? Here you go!