Sweet and Simple Farmhouse Cookie Recipe
Do you know how you go to the kitchen and just want to make something simple? This Farmhouse cookie recipe is perfect. It makes a soft, vanilla- flavor cookie on its own and you can add nuts, candies, flavored chips to it and have any other flavor you desire.
Your cookie jar will never have to be empty again. Even when I don’t have anything fancy to add to the dough, a simple bit of frosting makes these seem special.
I’m stuck to my baby monitor to listen for the goat’s to kid, so I cook. I mean, what else can you do?
Read through the recipe before you make them. There are quite a few ways you can add your own twist! Variations I have tried are included below.
- Mixing bowl
- Cookie Sheet
- Stand Mixer or hand mixer
- 2 Cups Sugar Substitute brown for a softer cookie
- 1/2 Cup Butter
- 2 eggs
- 4 Cups Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 Cup Milk
- 1/2 Cup Cocoa powder Reduce flour by 1/2 cup to make a chocolate dough
- 1/2 Cup Raisins
- 1 Cup Nuts
- 1/2 Cup Chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350
- Cream sugar, butter, and eggs
- In mixing bowl, combine dry ingredients until combined
- Add dry ingredients to creamed ingredients, alternating with milk until dough forms
- Drop by the Tablespoon, evenly spaced, on a cookie sheet
- Bake 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes or until slightly browned on the bottom
- Cool and frost if desired